August 31, 2012

2 new pictures of Emma Watson in 'Rankin Portraits'

RANKIN has released his latest book, Rankin Portraits - a study of his most famous subjects, from Kate Moss to Emma Watson. The picture-based tome features many previously unseen images.


"This book is a bit different from previous ones that I have put out," the photographer told us. "Normally, I self-publish all my books, but in this instance I was approached by Sea Design and the paper merchants, Robert Horne, who together proposed to publish it as a collaboration. There are so many amazing images taken on shoot days and, so often, they never see the light of day. This way I could collate my portraits into one publication that celebrates the iconic people I have been lucky enough to shoot. It feels quite intimate I think."

From high-profile models, such as Moss and Heidi Klum, to Hollywood stars, including Michael Fassbender and Ray Winstone (who Rankin ended up having a post-shoot party with), the book is a celebration of the photographer's most impressive portraits - each showing a different facet of the sitter's personality.

"I always find it hard to choose my favourite image, because each of them mean something different to me," Rankin said. "They each relate to a particular relationship with the subject; a particular shoot; a particular moment on set. I do especially like the cover image of Kate Moss. It was an amazing shoot - I never tire of photographing her, or seeing her in photographs. That's the other thing - there are some people who you can look at in photographs forever without getting bored. That's the power of a great subject and a strong photograph. I would say that there are a lot of portraits in the book that will continue to captivate people for a long time."
Source: Vogue

3 comments:

coslopus said...

I love the first photo. She looks so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

stunning

Anonymous said...

Is Emma already done filming Noah, as she is back in London? Or maybe she just finished filming in Iceland, and will be back in New York?

I'm just curious to know what kind of role she is playing. If it's just a supporting roleas the love interest or if it's more important/interesting . I can't wait to see this film, I loved black swan.
(Sorry for my bad english)